Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!

Gameportal

The Video Game Community
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQMemberlistUsergroupsChatRegisterLog inRulesAwards

Share | 
 

 Site Ideas?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am

Come on guys!
We need some new ideas to keep the site fresh.
To help draw in members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loopyspyder

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Karma : 12

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 am

umm...how bout being able to put a playlist on profile..or background...and maybe chat hub for each game

also to be able to play minigames on each profile..and arcade room where people challenge eachother


Last edited by 42 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posts Merged.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 am

We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loopyspyder

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Karma : 12

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Tristan wrote:
We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.
how do u GET money for site? how bout the playlist i mentioned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

loopyspyder wrote:
Tristan wrote:
We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.
how do u GET money for site? how bout the playlist i mentioned
You'd just have to have money, the community in general would have to have a budget.
Like fc does, Corey spends lots of money on the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loopyspyder

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Karma : 12

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am

Tristan wrote:
loopyspyder wrote:
Tristan wrote:
We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.
how do u GET money for site? how bout the playlist i mentioned
You'd just have to have money, the community in general would have to have a budget.
Like fc does, Corey spends lots of money on the site.
oh i didnt know that...fundraiser maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 am

42 wrote:
We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.

Who supplys websites with these additions?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 am

Ghost wrote:
42 wrote:
We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.

Who supplys websites with these additions?
What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 am

Who do you pay to get pagers and vbulletins and other stuff on the website?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
Aquagirl
Admin
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 125
Karma : 6

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:17 pm

You must buy the product called v-buliten which is well in the 100s. That product comes with pagers/profile enhances/ect. You pay for them because thats the way the owners of the v-buliten earn money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Aquagirl wrote:
You must buy the product called v-buliten which is well in the 100s. That product comes with pagers/profile enhances/ect. You pay for them because thats the way the owners of the v-buliten earn money.
That costs too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PSULucky

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:20 pm

I have a few board suggestions.

1) General Discussion, where we can talk about anything
2) Fan Fiction and Fan Art, for people have some talent to express
3) and possibly a Role Play Forum, mainly because they can be fun, and (at least on my website) they get A LOT of posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PSULucky

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 am

Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:04 am

PSULucky wrote:
I have a few board suggestions.

1) General Discussion, where we can talk about anything
2) Fan Fiction and Fan Art, for people have some talent to express
3) and possibly a Role Play Forum, mainly because they can be fun, and (at least on my website) they get A LOT of posts.
We have an arts and crafts section..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 am

PSULucky wrote:
Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.

I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 am

Ghost wrote:
PSULucky wrote:
Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.

I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Dude, I made the forum for that...
That's how you find the rules on fc too...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PSULucky

avatar

Number of posts : 65
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 am

42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
PSULucky wrote:
Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.

I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Dude, I made the forum for that...
That's how you find the rules on fc too...

Oh, I found it now. ^_^

PS-Does this forum have ranks? Like, at 10 posts, you rank up, and then at 25 posts, you go up another rank kind of thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 am

PSULucky wrote:


Oh, I found it now. ^_^

PS-Does this forum have ranks? Like, at 10 posts, you rank up, and then at 25 posts, you go up another rank kind of thing?
No, if your posts are good and worth reading, you get the Hot poster award, but you really need to have long posts and help out a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:15 am

42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:


I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Dude, I made the forum for that...
That's how you find the rules on fc too...

I know, now i'm starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea. If members can't find the rules, then there is no point in having them.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

Ghost wrote:
42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:


I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Dude, I made the forum for that...
That's how you find the rules on fc too...

I know, now i'm starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea. If members can't find the rules, then there is no point in having them.
We should still have them, we should just make them more noticable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Only1Nexus

avatar

Number of posts : 18
Karma : 1

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok if this is a Video game community where is the Playstation talk the Xbox Nintendo Atari Dreamcast lynx and all the old systems and the new ones handheld. I think that would help as for money get add sense from Google it is free and if we click on links a small amount of money may start to generate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Only1Nexus wrote:
Ok if this is a Video game community where is the Playstation talk the Xbox Nintendo Atari Dreamcast lynx and all the old systems and the new ones handheld. I think that would help as for money get add sense from Google it is free and if we click on links a small amount of money may start to generate.
They're there, just look...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Only1Nexus

avatar

Number of posts : 18
Karma : 1

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Ok you say they are there. Why should you have to look for your area you want when it should be on the main page not hidden under old Chinese food.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

The 'Wifi setup and PSN' section covers PlayStation.
Any other game can be put in the 'Other Games' section under Console and Handheld WiFi forum

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
Only1Nexus

avatar

Number of posts : 18
Karma : 1

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:05 am

Look each should have their very own section.

Playstation

Xbox/360

Nintendo

and so on and each of those should have a sub category. You could manage a lot better that way. Trust me i know what i am talking about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   

Back to top Go down
 
Site Ideas?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gameportal :: Game-Portal Lounge :: Site Ideas-
Jump to: