Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameportal

The Video Game Community

HomeSite Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesChatRegisterLog inRulesAwards

Site Ideas?

Go down 
+6
Only1Nexus
PSULucky
Aquagirl
Ghost
loopyspyder
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Site Developer
Site Developer

Number of posts : 181

Site Ideas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:05 pm

Only1Nexus wrote:
Look each should have their very own section.

Playstation

Xbox/360

Nintendo

and so on and each of those should have a sub category. You could manage a lot better that way. Trust me i know what i am talking about.
I will talk to the staff and see if we can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
kingra6

kingra6

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:18 pm

I would think this would be kind of obvious but the key to keeping a site alive is by waking its members up.
So how do you wake up a member? Simple, keep them looking deeper into the site.

Maybe...events?

I see a Brawl tournament is already in place, but what about MkWii and Animal Croosing?
Make site events:

-Creative day: one specific day every member must post one creative art. Whether it be a copy of their
own song, a piece of writing, a piece of visual art, or even a video they created.

-Chat day: one specific day all members spend their time in the "chat zone."

-[Insert video game here] day: one specific day all members play this game with each other or just talk
about it on the forums.

Just throwing these things out there.
I would like to see some thhings like this on this site.
Don't forget you members have something "FC" doesn't: less people.
Use this to your advantage.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm

It would be good if we had a place to put our Game Friend Codes(like on our profile).
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
lil T

lil T

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 8:12 am

it would be good if we had a arcade here
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:55 am

And if we could put visitor messages on other profiles. C-dog got that for free
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
C-Dog
Writers
Writers
C-Dog

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Ghost wrote:
And if we could put visitor messages on other profiles. C-dog got that for free
Yeah I went HERE This feature is really cool
Back to top Go down
http://wifi-world.forummotion.com/index.htm
Blink

Blink

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:26 am

We need a general discussions forum or something similar. By any chance can you make it so that the posts in "Games and Nonsense" are not counted. It's pretty much for fun anyways and nothing worth contributing to our post count.
Edit - I've been experimenting and found out that the sites maximum signature size is too huge.
Spoiler:
For easier exchanges in gaming information we should add a section right by information called "Game info" where you can put all your Friendcodes, PSN names, and Gamertags.
Spoiler:
The User title or "Humor" needs a character limit. So does the "Location" and "Job/Hobbies"
Spoiler:
Well if your going to add other games besides Nintendo to the forum it shouldn't be called "Nintendo"
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:00 pm

Blink wrote:
We need a general discussions forum or something similar. By any chance can you make it so that the posts in "Games and Nonsense" are not counted. It's pretty much for fun anyways and nothing worth contributing to our post count.
Edit - I've been experimenting and found out that the sites maximum signature size is too huge.
Spoiler:
For easier exchanges in gaming information we should add a section right by information called "Game info" where you can put all your Friendcodes, PSN names, and Gamertags.
Spoiler:
The User title or "Humor" needs a character limit. So does the "Location" and "Job/Hobbies"
Spoiler:
Well if your going to add other games besides Nintendo to the forum it shouldn't be called "Nintendo"
Spoiler:
wow blink those are great ideas! i hope they actualky happen tho
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:02 pm

The whole site needs some CnC to be completely honest.
-I think that you should think about making the forums better and adding more, perhaps adding the PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, DSi, etc.
-The Visitor messages...you need a notification feature for that.
-On my birthday through Christmas I will save up and try to help you guys buy a vBulletin to help increase activity.
Also, everyone, I have a laptop now, but I can only go on this site with it.
I hope that everyone takes this into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Aquagirl
Admin
Admin
Aquagirl

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:45 pm

42 wrote:
The whole site needs some CnC to be completely honest.
-I think that you should think about making the forums better and adding more, perhaps adding the PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, DSi, etc.
-The Visitor messages...you need a notification feature for that.
-On my birthday through Christmas I will save up and try to help you guys buy a vBulletin to help increase activity.
Also, everyone, I have a laptop now, but I can only go on this site with it.
I hope that everyone takes this into consideration.

Lol, look whos gotten responsible. Good job Tristar.

1. We were given a good bit of advice at the beginning of the site warning us not to move to fast. As in not to make more than what our users are using. As it is our forums are just getting active enough to be for good use. Once our forums get to a reasonable level of activity we will consider adding in more.
BUT, if you guys are just dyeing to have those specific consul forums perhaps it can be worked out. Other wise, it will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:26 am

I have a site position suggestion.
Do you think that perhaps I can be an editor?
I could edit reviews and make them better, by fixing the slight things that make it not so good.
Maybe my name could be a...redish color?
But whatever you guys want.
Just a suggestion, sounded good to me.
Back to top Go down
C-Dog
Writers
Writers
C-Dog

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:11 am

I was just thinking, maybe somebody can be two staff jobs at once? That was just a pop-up to me...
Also, maybe you can post GamePortal on google? I just saw one of my friend's site was on google.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:27 am

C-Dog wrote:
I was just thinking, maybe somebody can be two staff jobs at once? That was just a pop-up to me...
Also, maybe you can post GamePortal on google? I just saw one of my friend's site was on google.
It is possible to have more than one position, but you would have to prove that you qualify for both, and besides, there aren't any positions available or any going to be available anytime soon.

Also, I believe Bulldog has already put GamePortal on Google.
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:44 pm

we should make a new kind of staff position...like a sig maker for people who dont know how to make em or well u know this but a chatmod but thats realllyyy active
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:18 pm

also this sounds stupid but people that i ask to join say they dont like the colors
try considering that
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:14 pm

loopyspyder wrote:
also this sounds stupid but people that i ask to join say they dont like the colors
try considering that
We're talking about a white background.
Back to top Go down
C-Dog
Writers
Writers
C-Dog

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 5:44 pm

A silver backround would look good like THIS or THIS
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:00 pm

42 wrote:
loopyspyder wrote:
try considering that
We're talking about a white background.
no whites to plain and borin
silver would be cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Ideas?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2