Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!

Gameportal

The Video Game Community
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQMemberlistUsergroupsChatRegisterLog inRulesAwards

Share | 
 

 Final Fantasy 7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
constant66

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:37 pm

yo, my next RPG review is Final fantasy 7. The first FF game to go on 3D and like Mario 64, it does will but yat. After playing 6, im little disspointed in this game. For most ppl, It the first final fantasy game to play. This review is going to be defferent because Im doing the gameplay first before story. The reason is that the story takes a big part of this game and I think best I get the bad out the way. Im not a good speller and I guess I have bad grammer u will see errors.



Gameplay
Im not saying this part is bad but too me, a little disspointing. The game is an RPG with the time active bace RPG. This meens the enemy can attack even if you are doing nothing. The only problem I had with the battle part is when the crama puts it self in a bad spot and it was hard see 1 of the party member on battle, I couldn't who i was healing cuz one of the party member were in ther way. There is a tottle of 9 character with a character own weapon. This what I was disspoint at because non of charaters have there own special abltey. There this special item called materia, this what gives the maigc and skill attacks too ur character. You can lv up these materia to make it stronger or use other attacks such as Fire lv 1, Fire 2 lv 2, and Fire 3 lv 3. Other Materia can be skill attacks such as Steel or scran. U can give any one theres Materia and trade them with other characters so they can use the same materia too. What i saw disspointing is that the characters have to be given or choosen there skills. Yuffie is ninja so at lest she can use throw items or steel with Marteri but no, they need it. U can choose to give that marteri steel and throw to someone else and give nothing to Yuffie and she won't able to use anything besides attack. The only thing that each charater is special for is the Limet Breaks. A limet break is when ur Limet bar is a max and that character does a special attack or can heal ur party members. You have to be attack for the Limet Bar to fell up. I kind of like this idea but you still have to be attack for this to be use so it may relie on luck to get. Some bosses may be challeaging but most of them are kind of easy if u know what doing. There is mini games and they all are fun. I think 3 or 4 mini games in the game and they are all replayabe at a place. You can rase and breed choocbos to get to other placese in the map. To breed good chocobo is by getting there rank to the highest little (S) by entering the chocobo race. Depenting on how u feed ur chocobo will depent on how u feed ur chocobo. There isn't much to the maigc system that work great in FF6 but I had fun with the game and the bosses.

Gameplay-8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yC620sX-w
Final fantasy 7 boss


Story
"Well contane spoilers!"
As the gameplay wasn't all that great, the story was. It start with Cloud working for the team "AVALANCHE" to destory a power reactor in a place called Midgar. The reactor is there to take the Mako energy from the plant and AVALANCHE wants to stop that. In AVALANCHE, Cloud meats Barret the ledder of AVALANCHE and has a gun for a hand(Kick @$$) and Tifa a long time friend and fighter. Later Cloud will get separate from the team AVALANCHE and meet a girl name Aeris(Aerith) who is a floower girl. Clound and Aeris meets up with AVALANCHE but once Cloud makes it there, Aeris gets kidnap by Shinra and Cloud and his friend want to get her back. Once they made it there. U meet Red 13 who helps and saved Aeris. In that buliding, there was blood everywhere which turns out that this HERO is the one that killed everybody incluing Shinra which his name is Sephiroth. Cloud knowing Sephiroth is a live. Cloud and his friends start his advanture looking for Sephiroth before it meens the end of the world. Though out the story, the gets petty deep. The other you will meet is Cait Sith(wasn't he a summion in FF6?) a cat on a fat Moogle, and Cid who is my favite because he Swears a lot. "We got #%$^ing guess, give them some %$#%ing tea". There are 2 other optional character who are Yuffie who is a 14 year old female ninja and a anorrying brat, and Vincent who I think is a vimpair or something to do with Chaos but can hold a gun and transform diffent tyoes of demons. Now for ppl who thing what Clound and Spehiroth is. First, how I see it, Cloud and Spehiroth are not emo. Cloud takes responsible of being ledder on him self, he has lost his memory and doesn't want to be weak so he lied to everyone and him self but end up suffering because of it. Spehiroth isn't human. He was made by science. He relize this and want insane thinking whats his mother thinks is best for him and the plant. One more thing i want to go over and that is Aeris death. She dies woopy-be-do. I did shead a tear or 2 when I saw that part but what do u expect in a FF game. At lest one preson dies in a FF game. Overall. the story is amazing, the intro was anazing, and the character are anazing

Story-10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozBHKF9oDg
Final fantasy 7 Intro


Graphics
Ther is the 2D which is looked great and the 3D which was ok. The 2D is the landscape, backround, and I guess a 3D/2D cutseens. The 2D looks great. but 3D looks desent. Some of the enemys and moster are in 3D from the past FF enemys and they still look great in 3D but someone the animtions look kind of desent. The characters look like mini them on the overworld map or inside a place on buliding. In battle, ur characters look more deteiled. The animtion of the attacks and the casting looking desent to ok. The summions look great.

Graohics-8/10


Music and Sound
The Music is great but sound is not that good. For the music which sounds greats works for almost every seen the game. The battle and boss themes are great. You got that music that works for sad to bad times and to being ledder and time music. The last boss theme sound amazing great and my most fraivte theme out of all theme songs. Now for the sound. I see the sounds way wosre then the SNES FF6 sounds. Its that bad but sometimes the sounds fits here and there. Some of the bads I kind of join such as one summions "Hades".

Music and Sound-8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU
Final fantasy last boss theme


Lasting Play
it took me a week to beat this game and that for doing all the side quest. Theres places to go in world so there lots to see in the game. The story is really what going draw u in and gameplay was still fun. Thou, I though was very easy heck, I gone though and beated the last boss with out getting game over.

Lasting Play-9/10


Pros
*The story is amazing
*Great Music
*2D looks great

Cons
*Nothing special with characters
*Sound is durn bad


OverAll
The game is great. Fun gameplay, anamzy story, and great music. It a great step for 3D, it also shloud be the first FF game you try sines it the easy to play. It 9.99 PSN store if u have psp or ps3 so if u haven't played this game then own a new sony system then get this game.

OverAll-9/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Good effort in that review constant.

I need an opinion from a non nostalgic point of view. Is FFVII really that good? This question is for anybody.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
constant66

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Ghost wrote:
Good effort in that review constant.

I need an opinion from a non nostalgic point of view. Is FFVII really that good? This question is for anybody.
The game is overratted but still a good game and very easy too. If u never played a FF game or RPG then this game worth trying. It has a great story but Rpg style is very simple

sorry that I gave my opinion before anyone else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:36 pm

It doesn't matter. Thanks, the only Final Fantasy game i played was FFXII and i'm definitely going to get XIII and Versus. Since the real thing that attracted me to the series was the awesome graphics and gameplay, i think i'll wait for the remake of this game.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
constant66

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Ghost wrote:
It doesn't matter. Thanks, the only Final Fantasy game i played was FFXII and i'm definitely going to get XIII and Versus. Since the real thing that attracted me to the series was the awesome graphics and gameplay, i think i'll wait for the remake of this game.
Ha a remake, they say they were going remake it but never got made. What they did instead was ported it on the PSN store.

The classic FF games are really good with a new style of RPG in each everyone of them. u should try the past FF games especially Ff5 witch I thought was the most fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 255
Karma : 24

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:13 pm

constant66 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
It doesn't matter. Thanks, the only Final Fantasy game i played was FFXII and i'm definitely going to get XIII and Versus. Since the real thing that attracted me to the series was the awesome graphics and gameplay, i think i'll wait for the remake of this game.
Ha a remake, they say they were going remake it but never got made. What they did instead was ported it on the PSN store.

The classic FF games are really good with a new style of RPG in each everyone of them. u should try the past FF games especially Ff5 witch I thought was the most fun.

Click this----->Final Fantasy VII Remake

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
constant66

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:04 am

Ghost wrote:
constant66 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
It doesn't matter. Thanks, the only Final Fantasy game i played was FFXII and i'm definitely going to get XIII and Versus. Since the real thing that attracted me to the series was the awesome graphics and gameplay, i think i'll wait for the remake of this game.
Ha a remake, they say they were going remake it but never got made. What they did instead was ported it on the PSN store.

The classic FF games are really good with a new style of RPG in each everyone of them. u should try the past FF games especially Ff5 witch I thought was the most fun.

Click this----->Final Fantasy VII Remake
That trailer was showen before the ps3 came out. 3 years has past and still no word of FF7. After the port of FF7 on the psn store, there really is no point of a remake if ppl are going to buy the ps1 FF7. Then again, who knows, maby they will make a remake but I won't have high hopes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:01 pm

constant66, if you can add some nice pictures in between paragraphs and leave out youtube links, you can try to apply for a writer job here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
constant66

avatar

Number of posts : 52
Karma : 0

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm

42 wrote:
constant66, if you can add some nice pictures in between paragraphs and leave out youtube links, you can try to apply for a writer job here.
Ur right 42, I should put pictures insed of puting youtube links. I want at lest show some gameplay footage thou.

anyway, ill put more pictures in my next review which is coming shortly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
42
Site Developer
Site Developer
avatar

Number of posts : 181
Karma : 5

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:17 pm

constant66 wrote:
42 wrote:
constant66, if you can add some nice pictures in between paragraphs and leave out youtube links, you can try to apply for a writer job here.
Ur right 42, I should put pictures insed of puting youtube links. I want at lest show some gameplay footage thou.

anyway, ill put more pictures in my next review which is coming shortly
Alright, thank you.
Your review would stand out much more if it had more pictures.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
loopyspyder

avatar

Number of posts : 152
Karma : 12

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:12 pm

I LOVE THIS GAME OMG! greatest ff yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 7   

Back to top Go down
 
Final Fantasy 7
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gameportal :: Featured Reviews :: Other Reviews-
Jump to: