Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameportal

The Video Game Community

HomeSite Ideas? I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesChatRegisterLog inRulesAwards

Site Ideas?

Go down 
+6
Only1Nexus
PSULucky
Aquagirl
Ghost
loopyspyder
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Site Developer
Site Developer

Number of posts : 181

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am

Come on guys!
We need some new ideas to keep the site fresh.
To help draw in members.
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

Number of posts : 152

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:12 am

umm...how bout being able to put a playlist on profile..or background...and maybe chat hub for each game

also to be able to play minigames on each profile..and arcade room where people challenge eachother

Last edited by 42 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Posts Merged.)
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 am

We don't have money for hubs, pagers, etc.
But being able to change the way your profile looks...that is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Tristan wrote:
how do u GET money for site? how bout the playlist i mentioned
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

loopyspyder wrote:
Tristan wrote:
You'd just have to have money, the community in general would have to have a budget.
Like fc does, Corey spends lots of money on the site.
Back to top Go down
loopyspyder

loopyspyder

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:47 am

Tristan wrote:
loopyspyder wrote:
Tristan wrote:
You'd just have to have money, the community in general would have to have a budget.
Like fc does, Corey spends lots of money on the site.
oh i didnt know that...fundraiser maybe
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Number of posts : 255

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:40 am

42 wrote:

Who supplys websites with these additions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendcodes.com/forums/members/shiryo.htm
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 am

Ghost wrote:
42 wrote:

Who supplys websites with these additions?
What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 am

Who do you pay to get pagers and vbulletins and other stuff on the website?
Back to top Go down
Aquagirl
Admin
Admin
Aquagirl

Number of posts : 125

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:17 pm

You must buy the product called v-buliten which is well in the 100s. That product comes with pagers/profile enhances/ect. You pay for them because thats the way the owners of the v-buliten earn money.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Aquagirl wrote:
You must buy the product called v-buliten which is well in the 100s. That product comes with pagers/profile enhances/ect. You pay for them because thats the way the owners of the v-buliten earn money.
That costs too much.
Back to top Go down
PSULucky

PSULucky

Number of posts : 65

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:20 pm

I have a few board suggestions.

1) General Discussion, where we can talk about anything
2) Fan Fiction and Fan Art, for people have some talent to express
3) and possibly a Role Play Forum, mainly because they can be fun, and (at least on my website) they get A LOT of posts.
Back to top Go down
PSULucky

PSULucky

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 am

Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:04 am

PSULucky wrote:
I have a few board suggestions.

1) General Discussion, where we can talk about anything
2) Fan Fiction and Fan Art, for people have some talent to express
3) and possibly a Role Play Forum, mainly because they can be fun, and (at least on my website) they get A LOT of posts.
We have an arts and crafts section..
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:07 am

PSULucky wrote:
Sorry for the double-post, but I have another suggestion. Perhaps a set of forum rules that the members could refer to and try to abide by? I didn't notice any rules like such, so I figured that there weren't any (but if there are, please guide me to them). If you'd need help with the rules, I already have a set that I use for my site, so you could just use them here.

I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:08 am

Ghost wrote:
PSULucky wrote:

I tried to make the thread more noticeable so members can find it, but it seems it didn't work. Perhaps it should be put back in its own Forum again. Anyway, check the News section for the Rules and Guidelines .
Dude, I made the forum for that...
That's how you find the rules on fc too...
Back to top Go down
PSULucky

PSULucky

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 am

42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
PSULucky wrote:

Oh, I found it now. ^_^

PS-Does this forum have ranks? Like, at 10 posts, you rank up, and then at 25 posts, you go up another rank kind of thing?
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 am

PSULucky wrote:

Oh, I found it now. ^_^

PS-Does this forum have ranks? Like, at 10 posts, you rank up, and then at 25 posts, you go up another rank kind of thing?
No, if your posts are good and worth reading, you get the Hot poster award, but you really need to have long posts and help out a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:15 am

42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I know, now i'm starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea. If members can't find the rules, then there is no point in having them.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:19 am

Ghost wrote:
42 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I know, now i'm starting to think that wasn't such a bad idea. If members can't find the rules, then there is no point in having them.
We should still have them, we should just make them more noticable.
Back to top Go down
Only1Nexus

Only1Nexus

Number of posts : 18

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok if this is a Video game community where is the Playstation talk the Xbox Nintendo Atari Dreamcast lynx and all the old systems and the new ones handheld. I think that would help as for money get add sense from Google it is free and if we click on links a small amount of money may start to generate.
Back to top Go down
Site Developer
Site Developer

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:03 pm

Only1Nexus wrote:
Ok if this is a Video game community where is the Playstation talk the Xbox Nintendo Atari Dreamcast lynx and all the old systems and the new ones handheld. I think that would help as for money get add sense from Google it is free and if we click on links a small amount of money may start to generate.
They're there, just look...
Back to top Go down
Only1Nexus

Only1Nexus

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Ok you say they are there. Why should you have to look for your area you want when it should be on the main page not hidden under old Chinese food.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Ghost

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

The 'Wifi setup and PSN' section covers PlayStation.
Any other game can be put in the 'Other Games' section under Console and Handheld WiFi forum
Back to top Go down
Only1Nexus

Only1Nexus

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:05 am

Look each should have their very own section.

Playstation

Xbox/360

Nintendo

and so on and each of those should have a sub category. You could manage a lot better that way. Trust me i know what i am talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Ideas?   Site Ideas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Ideas?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next