Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Welcome to Game-Portal. Please log in or Register to start having fun!
Gameportal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameportal

The Video Game Community

HomeCurved Gloss Tutorial I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesChatRegisterLog inRulesAwards

Curved Gloss Tutorial

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aquagirl
Admin
Admin
Aquagirl

Number of posts : 125

Curved Gloss Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Curved Gloss Tutorial   Curved Gloss Tutorial I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Welcome to my gloss tutorial. You're going to learn how to add a curved gloss effect to your signature/avatar. This is the final product of what you will be learning to create:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutfinished

Step One:

Create a new document (or use art you previously made), I'm going to size mine at 150x150 for this tutorial. If you are using a blank document for your gloss go ahead and fill the document using the paint bucket tool with any color you'd like, I'll be using black. At this point you should have a plain colored square. (Or your signature/avatar).

Step Two:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutpentool

Click the Pen Tool on the tool bar. This is a very important tool in adding curved gloss.

Step Three:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutpenline

With the Pen Tool selected click the bottom left corner of the square/rectangle and drag the selection up in till the line is lined up with your square/avatar.

Step Four:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutpencurve

Now with the pen tool still selected click the top right corner of the square/rectangle and draw this selection up like in step three. You should now see a nice curve on your selection. If you don't like your curve go back and make the lines shorter or longer on step three and four in till you like the curve.

Step Five:

Okay, the hardest part is over. With the pen tool still selected click above the signature/avatar you are adding gloss to (some where in the above grey area, and then click once more on the bottom left corner. Your screen should now look something like this:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutbeforethegloss-1

Step Six:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutmakeselection

Okay, we're almost done. This part may be a little tricky. Click "Paths", right click on the space around "Work Path" and choose "Make Selection". Under rendering put "Feathered Radius" at 0 and make sure the "Anti-aliased" box is checked.

Step Seven:

The lines in the signature/avatar should now be a selection. Now select the gradient tool and make sure that your colors are both white (so long as the foreground color is white you should be fine). Click the drop down arrow next to the gradient at the top that goes from white to transparent. It should look something like this:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutgradient

Now simple apply the gradient. (Do this by clicking above your signature/avatar and dragging the selection down.) Play with this in till it looks good. And your finished! This is the finished product:

Curved Gloss Tutorial Tutfinished
Back to top Go down
C-Dog
Writers
Writers
C-Dog

Number of posts : 153

Curved Gloss Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curved Gloss Tutorial   Curved Gloss Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:55 pm

My result!
Curved Gloss Tutorial 1247c79
Back to top Go down
http://wifi-world.forummotion.com/index.htm

Curved Gloss Tutorial
Page 1 of 1